Lassiter and Associates offers comprehensive diagnostic assessments and psychological testing for children and adults such as neuropsychological (for ADHD and Autism Spectrum, Traumatic Brain Injuries and dementia), emotional conflicts and traumas, competence and test batteries for intellectual academic achievement.
We provide these evaluations for a wide range of clients from children to the elderly, referred through many sources, to assess their status in daily functional capacities or other concerns, such as their level of risk to themselves and others. We conduct psychosocial and mental status examinations, providing assessments which are carefully determined and include current in depth interviews, family and other agency input (when available).
Dr. Lassiter is acknowledged as an expert in the field of clinical psychology and in diagnostics as a past associate clinical professor (Adelphi University, NY) and by the American Board of Professional Psychology (APA). Lassiter and Associates is privileged to work with many school districts, juvenile and probation services, as well as collaborating with colleagues of other medical specialties (bariatric, orthopedic, pediatric and pain specialists). We guarantee our best effort to coordinate our diagnostics with information from your current care providers, to offer the most comprehensive assessment we can possibly provide.
Comprehensive diagnostic assessments and psychological testing
- Psychopathology (emotional functioning and interpersonal dynamics)
- Behavioral (management issues at home, school and in the community)
- Educational/Intellectual (Learning Disabilities/ADHD, academic achievement and general cognitive functioning)
- Parent Competency (pre/post adjudication assessments for parent-child relations and impact of parenting)
- Forensic Evaluations (competency to stand trial, not guilty by reason of insanity for adults and adolescents)
- Traumatic Events (effects of exposure to physical/sexual abuse, violence, accidents)
- Addictions (type, degree and impact on daily functioning)
- Emotional factors associated with Medical Procedures
Initiating therapeutic services always begins with an assessment of the client’s needs and problems and the establishment of a treatment plan based on the assessment. If services are recommended, Lassiter and Associates works with you or your other service providers to tailor those additional services.